What is the Best Numerical Simulation Software for Finite Element Analysis?
Here is a list of the important features to look for in your software solution, for these 3 main tasks:
- Good geometric simplification capabilities
- Fast and robust meshing algorithms for 2D and 3D parts
- Element quality visualisation and quality control tools
- Automated connection tools (bolts, welds, adhesives, etc.)
- Scripting friendly, to automate repetitive tasks
- Accuracy of the results demonstrated and proven by the software provider
- Capacity to solve non-linear problems
- Calculation speed
- Scalability (solving on multiple computer nodes)
- Optimization capacity
- Fast and interactive result visualization
- Hot spot detection tools
- Able to review several results simultaneously to compare different solutions
- Amplification of the deformations to review your model
- Availability of a free viewer format
Lx Sim specializes with the Altair HyperWorks suite for several reasons.
First, the pre-processing software HyperMesh is a very powerful tool for model generation and allows great control by the user. The OptiStruct and Radioss solvers are also very powerful and cover a very wide range of solutions including non-linear problems and manufacturing processes simulation such as stamping, extrusion and injection molding.
The OptiStruct solver is also a world leader in numerical optimization solutions and redefines how to design parts and assemblies. Finally, HyperView offers great tools to facilitate the analysis of simulation results, including advanced visualization tools like iso-contours, 2D/3D plotting and the possibility to synchronize up to 16 views simultaneously.