THE CHALLENGE: Develop an innovative concept of transparent, durable, and lightweight BMX ramps consistent with the artistic intent of the show.
A turnkey Sim-optimization approach:
- Work with the team and attend a data acquisition session to determine the maximum design loads;
- Correlation of dynamic-static simulations of landing on ramps based on the acquisition results;
- Validation of different ramp concepts;
- Validation of welded aluminum joints;
- Validation of the anchorages of the structures;
- Recommendations for improvement;
- Specification of welds.
- Greater artist security;
- Fewer prototypes required;
- Improved strength and durability of structures;
- Reduced production costs.